03 September 2008

Well, Well, Well....

So school started and the first week is over. I'm in the army now I just started PT today and I had to get up at 445 to make to school on time. I'm taking this stupid diversity class about race class and gender studies. Every time I read the required literature I get so pissed off I want to drop the class but it is required to graduate from the U. The whole book is a collection of outdated sad stories of discriminations and oppression of how the white male is the blame for everything. I want to choke and break things over peoples faces when I read this crap. I mean seriously am I to blame that people make wrong choices and society favors me because I follow the law?

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Or maybe you could take this as an opportunity to view the world from another perspective. You might not agree with everything, but you just might learn something.

Good luck with that early morning PT, by the way! :-)

khubble said...

well said branden, i hope u enjoy ur class, sounds like fun! haha Love you!

Devon said...

You make me laugh! I've been getting up at 3:00 six days a week for the last 2 years and it never gets easier, so good luck with that. If you need someone to call and make sure you're up let me know.

*Rusty REALLY likes the picture of your dog.

Williams Family Dirt said...

You didn't tell me you had a blog!!! DORK!

I totally agree with you about the Diversity class as a requirement, I took a "feminist" class while at CSUB, and hated it. I remember my professor telling me to that I should live apart from my husband for six months and go live in Mexico so I could learn Spanish, that would make me more marketable as a teacher....totally lame! Not to mention the reading material was annoying...She was one of my favorite professors though, I took three classes from her.

Kerri Russell said...

It seems like diversity classes separate people more than bring us together. Have you ever noticed that diversity starts with the same three letters as divisive?

ManicMandee said...

Feeling stupid for leaving a comment but couldn't resist. I had one of those days where I was bored and started blog surfing. I surfed my sister's friends, and their friends... Then I find you. How strange. I was totally obsessed with you when I was a teenager. You knew at the time I am sure. But here I am totally recovered :)
Hope you are happy and well!
(Amanda Waite)

Sarah Carlston said...

Dude! Why did I not know you had a blog. Glad you are enjoying the U, or sort of. Sorry you have to take a lamo class...that bites! Cool dog!